CIPR PRide Awards celebrate Northern Ireland’s thriving Public Relations industry
More than 220 PR professionals gathered at Belfast’s Culloden Estate & Spa last night for the 2018 CIPR Northern Ireland PRide Awards ceremony – the nation’s annual public relations showpiece.
Belfast-based Smarts Communicate picked up four Gold Awards, including the coveted Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy award. Judges were impressed by the agency’s commitment to CPD, professionalism and “eye-catching employee engagement” initiatives.
Morrow Communications and JComms won four Gold Awards each, with the latter earning two for their campaign launching the Titanic Hotel Belfast – the world’s most authentic Titanic Hotel, residing where the famous ship was designed and built.
Two Chartered PR Practitioners shared the individual awards with Massive PR’s Brittany Breslin Chart.PR, MCIPR named Outstanding Young Communicator and Maurica Mackle Chart.PR, FCIPR crowned Outstanding Independent Practitioner.
Chris Pollock MCIPR, Chair of CIPR Northern Ireland, commented:
We can be rightfully proud of the local industry here as we continue to showcase our talents, ambition and capabilities on the world stage. The quality of entries to this year’s CIPR Northern Ireland PRide Awards surpassed all expectations with the scope and scale of the thinking, conceptual development, execution and successful delivery which is testament to the professionalism of all involved.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2018 CIPR Northern Ireland PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Morrow Communications, Bringing Neueda into a New Era
- Internal Communications Campaign – Portview, Hub – The intranet that’s got people talking
- Consumer Relations Campaign – Morrow Communications and Translink, #GetOnBoardNI – Bus + Train Week 2017
- Public Sector Campaign – JComms and National Museums NI, Poppies: Weeping Window
- Community Relations Campaign – ASG & Partners, M&S – Supporting the Community for 50 Years
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – Morrow Communications and Mencap NI, Move it For Mencap – Belfast City Marathon
- Healthcare Campaign – ASG & Partners, Leukaemia & Lymphoma NI – Empty Chairs
- Integrated Campaign – Morrow Communications and Translink, #GetOnBoardNI – Bus + Train Week 2017
- Low Budget Campaign – Weber Shandwick and CRISPP, Let’s Keep on Supporting People
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign – JComms and National Museums NI, Poppies: Weeping Window
- Travel, Leisure or Tourism Campaign – JComms, Titanic Hotel Belfast: The Hotel that History Built
- Regional Campaign of the Year – Clearbox, BoxyMo – Rewarding Safe Driving
- Best Use of Media Relations – JComms, Titanic Hotel Belfast: The Hotel that History Built
- Best Use of Social Media – Smarts Communicate, Harp’s Pure Here
- Best Use of Content – Smarts Communicate, Diageo Bar Academy
- Best Use of Photography or Design – Smarts Communicate, Bank of Ireland UK: More than a Mortgage
- Best Event – Clearbox and Bushmills Irish Whiskey, #AnswerTheCall
- Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management – Southern Health and Social Care Trust, Daisy Hill Hospital Pathfinder Project
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Brittany Breslin Chart.PR, MCIPR, Massive PR
- Outstanding Independent Practitioner – Maurica Mackle Chart.PR, FCIPR, Mackle Communications
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team – Cancer Fund for Children
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy – Massive PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – Smarts Communicate
About CIPR Northern Ireland
CIPR Northern Ireland is a national group of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and has been representing public relations professionals in Northern Ireland since 1965. The group comprises more than 300 PR practitioners from a broad range of professional backgrounds.
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 15th year, the PRide Awards attracted around 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is by far the biggest member organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).
Koray Camgoz Chart.PR, MCIPR
CIPR Public Relations Manager
Tel: 020 7631 6966