Celebrating the best PR across East Anglia and the Chilterns
More than 160 PR professionals gathered at The Guildhall in Cambridge last night for the CIPR PRide Awards – the region’s annual public relations showpiece.
Pier PR & Marketing, Twelve PR, Big Wave PR and Genesis PR picked up two Gold Awards each, with the latter winning the coveted Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy award.
Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel took home the Gold Awards in the Consumer Relations and Best Event categories for their innovative work spotlighting the bravery and sacrifice of the Armed Forces.
Greater Anglia’s Media Officer, Lucy Wright ACIPR won the Outstanding Young Communicator award. Judges praised Lucy as “an ambassador for the profession” who demonstrates a “real commitment to continuing professional development”.
Becky Hall MCIPR, Chair of CIPR East Anglia, commented:
There is a huge amount of talent and innovation in the communications industry across East Anglia and the Thames and Chiltern area. The high standard of the entries this year is evidence that communications professionals continue to rise to the challenges of a fast-evolving PR and business landscape. The CIPR PRide Awards are an opportunity to showcase and heartily celebrate the work that teams and individuals deliver for organisations in the region. Congratulations to everyone nominated, shortlisted and crowned overall category winners.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2018 CIPR Anglia, Thames and Chiltern PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Genesis PR, OFTEC Turns Up the Heat on Government Policy
- Internal Communications Campaign – British Sugar Agriculture, Driving engagement of CRM through strategic relations
- Consumer Relations Campaign – Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel, WWII Veterans’ Journeys of Remembrance
- Public Sector Campaign – Norfolk Constabulary, Operation Gravity
- Community Relations Campaign – Greater Cambridge Partnership, Our Big Conversation
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, Grenfell Tower: Reassuring our Residents
- Integrated Campaign – Playtime PR, The launch of SuperZings: Rivals of Kaboom
- Low Budget Campaign – University of Bedfordshire, Providing personalised sentiment to students
- Construction, Property or Infrastructure Campaign – Mobas, Research and insight gives a clear View
- Education Campaign – Prominent and East Cambridgeshire District Council, Be like Michael, recycle!
- Regional Campaign of the Year – Pier PR & Marketing and East of England Co-op, Co-op Guide to Dating
- Best Use of Media Relations – Twelve PR, Creating a buzz for the British Beekeepers
- Best Use of Social Media – Mobas and Vindis Group, Driven to excite
- Best Use of Content – Twelve PR, Can You Tell? Canned Food vs. Fresh
- Best Use of Photography or Design – Pier PR & Marketing, Future of British Produce: East of England Co-op
- Best Event – Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel, WWII Veterans to Lay Old Ghosts to Rest
- Best Publication – Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Special edition of The Pulse: Dementia Support
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Lucy Wright ACIPR, Greater Anglia
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy – DMC PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – Genesis PR
About Anglia, Thames and Chiltern
This event is an amalgamation of the CIPR East Anglia and Thames & Chiltern regions, covering the counties of Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Oxfordshire and Suffolk.
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 15th year, the PRide Awards attracted around 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is by far the biggest member organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).
Koray Camgoz Chart.PR, MCIPR
CIPR Public Relations Manager
Tel: 020 7631 6966