CIPR PRide Awards celebrate outstanding practice in the Midlands
330 PR professionals gathered at the Macdonald Burlington Hotel in Birmingham last night for the 2018 CIPR Midlands PRide Awards.
WPR enjoyed a memorable night, winning seven Gold Awards, including Best Use of Content, Best Use of Social Media and Best Use of Digital. Judges praised the team for their “highly imaginative” work, as well as for their clear commitment to measurement and evaluation.
Telford College took home three Gold Awards, while Stone Junction picked up two including the coveted Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy Award. Judges singled out the Stafford-based consultancy for their “energy, enthusiasm and smart business strategy”.
NFU Mutual’s Jade Devlin was named Outstanding Young Communicator and Loughborough University picked up the Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team Award.
Richard Stone Chart.PR, MCIPR, Chair of CIPR Midlands, commented:
This year’s PRide Awards truly represent the best work being done in the Midlands. The quality and quantity of entries was truly impressive.
When you next want to prove the real business value that PR delivers, point to tonight’s shortlist, Silver Award winners and Gold Award winners. There can be no stronger argument and no more incontrovertible proof.
Moreover, the work done by the volunteers on the CIPR committee has delivered another great PRide Awards ceremony and a brilliant rallying cry to our industry in the Midlands.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2018 CIPR Midlands PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Citypress, Schweppes, the nation’s favourite mixer
- Internal Communications Campaign – Thread & Fable and Birmingham Metropolitan College, Sharing the Friday Feeling
- Consumer Relations Campaign – WPR and Hungry Horse, Greene King, Glitter Gravy
- Public Sector Campaign – Syndicate Communications, Shakespeare’s Celebrations
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – Farm Safety Foundation, Mind Your Head
- Healthcare Campaign – WPR, A High Wire With No Safety Net
- Integrated Campaign – The Marketing Pod, Take a marketing health check
- Transport or Automotive Campaign – Vision Express, Eye Tests Save Lives
- Low Budget Campaign – WPR, All that glitters is…gravy?
- STEM Campaign – Stone Junction, Putting the rise of the cobots in context
- Education Campaign – Telford College, Define Your Future with Telford College
- Best Use of Media Relations – WPR, All that glitters is…gravy?
- Best Use of Digital – WPR and Hungry Horse, Greene King, Hungry for Summer
- Best Use of Social Media – WPR and Farmhouse Inns, Greene King, Creme Egg Yorkshire Pudding
- Best Use of Content – WPR, All that glitters is…gravy?
- Best Use of Photography or Design – Telford College, Rebranding Telford College
- Best Event – Telford College, 7th Form Launch – A UK-first for education
- Best Publication – BBC Birmingham, Spotlight
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Jade Devlin, NFU Mutual
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team – Loughborough University
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – Stone Junction
About CIPR Midlands
The CIPR Midlands group has 900 members covering a diverse part of the UK covering the following counties: Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, and West Midlands.
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 15th year, the PRide Awards attracted around 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is by far the biggest member organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).
Koray Camgoz Chart.PR, MCIPR
CIPR Public Relations Manager
Tel: 020 7631 6966